Galen Gentry offers proactive representation in divorce, child custody, child support and related cases in the Los Angeles area
Divorce is never easy, but the process can be made less difficult with the help of an experienced family law attorney who can protect your rights. Galen Gentry has helped clients navigate the complexities of divorce and its related issues for over 30 years. As a seasoned family law attorney in Los Angeles, Mr. Gentry brings experience and understanding of California law to all cases. If you are a Los Angeles or Orange County resident who needs legal support during one of life’s most difficult events, you can count on Mr. Gentry to provide sound guidance that will help you obtain the best result.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How does the court determine child custody?
- Can the child custody order be changed later?
- How does the court determine child support?
- My spouse owns their own business and declares a lot less money on their taxes than they actually make. Will the court use their true income when calculating child support?
- If the court orders child support can the amount be changed later?
- How does the court determine spousal support (alimony)?
- My soon to be ex ran up a huge credit card bill. How will the court divide the debt in divorce?
- My spouse owned a home prior to our marriage. Am I entitled to a part of the house value in our divorce?
Responsive support for your family law matter
Mr. Gentry can help you in all areas of family law. He assists Los Angeles area clients with these areas:
- Divorce — Mr. Gentry can represent you during your divorce and advise you in matters related to the division of assets, including helping you understand what is considered community property versus separate property. Galen will also advocate for your rights in decisions regarding spousal support also known as alimony, child custody and child support.
- Child support — He will seek an arrangement in which you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support to raise your child in a happy and healthy environment.
- Child custody and visitation — Ensure parenting time is divided in a way that grants a child stability and safety and preserves your parental bond. Ensure clients’ rights to time with their children and the right to make decisions regarding parenting.
- Modification orders — The firm handles modification orders for child support, alimony and child custody agreements if life changes warrant updating a the family law court’s orders.
- Divorce mediation representation — Some divorces can be handled outside of the courtroom with the help of a mediator. In these instances, Mr. Gentry provides representation. This approach is much less expensive and much less emotionally taxing. However, both parties need to be committed to reaching a fair agreement.
- Prenuptial & postnuptial agreements — Mr. Gentry can draft prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to help clients protect their property. He can also review proposed prenuptial agreements.
- Paternity — If you are seeking to establish paternity of a child as a mother for child support reasons or as a father in order to play a role in your child’s life, Galen can guide you through the process.
Mr. Gentry handles all substantive facets of the clients’ cases. If you have a question about the law or how the law applies in your case you will always communicate directly with Mr. Gentry and get the benefit of three decades of experience.
Contact a knowledgeable Los Angeles family law firm to schedule a free consultation
Since 1995, Galen Gentry has helped Los Angeles residents in all areas of family law, including divorce, child custody, child support and related matters. To schedule a free virtual consultation, call (310) 282-7521 or contact me online.