Compassionate California Family Lawyer Helps with Divorce and Family Law Matters
Attentive Law Firm represents divorcing spouses and parents in Los Angeles and Orange County
Whether you are married and divorcing, or have children with your significant other and the relationship has broken down Galen Gentry can listen to your needs, understand your concerns and seek solutions to your legal problems. Galen is well-versed in matters of California family law, representing individuals and families in the Los Angeles area and throughout Southern California. The firm provides trusted guidance as you navigate divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support (also known as alimony), and property division problems. Mr. Gentry also drafts pre-marital agreements.
Reliable California attorney advocates for the best interests of children
To ensure a secure future for your children after a divorce, Galen Gentry provides caring legal counsel and advocacy. He can help you with matters including:
- Child support — He will seek an arrangement in which you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support to raise your child in a happy and healthy environment.
- Child custody and visitation — Ensure parenting time is divided in a way that grants a child stability and safety and preserves your parental bond. Ensure clients’ rights to time with their children and the right to make decisions regarding parenting.
In all of these matters, Mr. Gentry will explain your rights and obligations and allow you to make the choices that best suit you and your children.
Dedicated lawyer handles divorce, alimony and property division matters
Mr. Gentry strives to help clients end their marriage with as a minimum of stress. Cooperating with your spouse is best where possible. When the situation demands litigation, Mr. Gentry will be take your case to court to seek temporary orders which may be necessary— orders such as child custody, child support and alimony also known as spousal support. If the matter must proceed to trial Mr. Gentry has a great deal of trial experience. He has tried cases for 30 years. You can feel confident that if your matter requires a trial or contested hearing you will receive the first rate representation. Whether your dissolution is contested or amicable, we provide comprehensive support for:
- Divorce — We will guide you through the divorce process so that your rights are protected, and you can move forward with confidence.
- Spousal support — We have represented hundreds of clients and will ensure you receive the court order that is fair.
- Property division — We will advocate for a fair allocation of your marital estate and debt, ensuring that neither spouse takes advantage of the other and each has a full financial accounting.
- Child Custody — We will listen to you as only you know your particular facts. We will present you with your options and then carry out your desires with respect to custody.
- Child Support — We will ensure that appropriate child support is paid based on the parties’ situation and the applicable law.
- Marital Settlement Agreements —Most cases settle we will negotiate on your behalf to ensure you receive a fair divorce settlement.
- Trial –Some cases require trial. Many lawyers in practice for many years have never actually taken a case to trial. Mr. Gentry has years of trial experience. His most recent trial took place August 11, 2021. Galen will ensure that you receive skilled representation in order to achieve your goals.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — We draft and review comprehensive prenuptial agreements which are also known as premarital agreements. Premarital agreements can protect your interests and can alleviate some of the stress and uncertainty should you ever divorce. We can also help our clients with post-nuptial agreements after they marry.
Negotiation and mediation may be useful in helping you and your spouse achieve amicable agreements about issues involving your children, property and finances. If mediation proves unproductive, Mr. Gentry will advocate for your best interests in court.
Contact a trustworthy California family law attorney
Galen Gentry is experienced in all family law matters. Call at (818) 864-7833 or contact me online to schedule a free virtual consultation with a caring family law attorney. My office is located in Woodland Hills.